HubCity Humane Society banner image

Pet Assistance

Surrendering a Pet

Hub City Humane Society helps thousands of animals every year find their loving homes. We take all surrendered animals regardless of age, breed or health. This year we have placed 95 % of our animals into loving homes, reunited them with their owners or sent them on life saving transports.


If you are in need of surrendering your animal, please see the points below on how to schedule a surrender appointment and what that process entails.


Mailing Address : 95 Jackson Rd, Hattiesburg MS, 39402
Phone : 601-596-2206
Fax : 601-255-5391
Email : [email protected]


Monday - Friday : 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday : 10:00 am - 3 pm
Sunday : CLOSED


Scheduling a Surrender Appointment 

To schedule a surrender appointment, please call our office at 601-596-2206 or email us at [email protected]


Surrender Fees

Surrender fees for the residents of Lamar County are as follows:

  • First animal is $25
  • Each additional animal is $15 per animal


What You Will Need at Your Appointment

  • A proof of residency showing that you are a resident of Lamar County or the Petal City Limits.
  • A driver’s license or government issued ID is an appropriate proof of residency.
  • Any veterinary records you may have on your animal.
  • The appropriate surrender fee. 



Frequently Asked Questions:

Why do I Have to Make an Appointment? 

Appointments are necessary so that we are able to manage the number of animals that enter our facility on a daily basis. We make these appointments to ensure that we have the adequate space and resources available to accommodate the animal when it arrives. These appointments are critical in order for us to best care for the animals that we receive.


What type of Animals Does Hub City Accept?

We accept dogs, cats, rabbits, rodents, ferrets, birds, etc. We are currently not set up to take livestock or exotic animals, but we can do a courtesy post on Facebook to help you try and find a new home for your livestock or exotic animal.


What if I Find a Stray Animal?

If you have found a stray animal inside Lamar County or the City Limits of Petal, please give us a call at 601-596-2206 and we can assist you. You may also want to post a picture and where the animal was found to our Facebook page and the Lost Pets of the Pinebelt Facebook Page. 


Lost Pet?

We have a community of people to help!

HubCity Humane Society is a haven for lost animals. Please let us know if you are missing your loved one. The best way to ensure these animails make it back to their families is to pass along their information. As a community, we can all make a difference that changes the lives of those around us. Help us return some of these wonderful animals to their worried owners. Use our resources listed to the right:

Please Post Here

Have information on a lost dog? Please post it! Need help finding a missing family member? Post below in both sites.